Sigma's 70-300 mm aint that bad




This is the Sigma 70-300 mm DG Macro (from: http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/70-300mm-f4-56-dg-macro-sigma)


My sample shot.


I have a sigma 70-300 mm DG Macro telephoto lens. Its maximum aperture is F4 and minimum is F5.6 and NO vibration reduction or image stabilizer. I bought this last April 2010 for only 185 US dollars or 8700 Philippine Pesos. I read some reviews for this lens and although most of them found this lens bad, i still bought it. Because its cheap.period. Not because of any other reasons. I have used this lens for 3 weddings and one photo contest already, and here's what i found out:
1. It works best on outdoor! I won the photo contest because of this! (My sample photo is the one next to the lens)
2. It is worst at night or areas with dim light (trust me). My remedy for this is, you should have a good flash.
3. Works best at higher shutter speed (80 and up!). Remember this lens don't have a VR or image stabilizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment